How can I obtain a copy of my credit report and correct any errors?

All persons are entitled to one free credit report per year, from each of the three approved credit agencies. Additionally, whenever your application for credit is denied, the credit issuer is required to give you a copy of any credit report that was used in making the decision.

If there are errors in a report, such as an incorrect Social Security number or a debt that is not owed, you should make a request for correction in writing to the bureau, enclosing copies of any documents that would establish the correct facts.

Return to FAQs