Can I make payments on a discharged debt without a reaffirmation agreement?

Yes. You can make a voluntary payment of the debt. This often happens, for example, with debts to family members or friends. However, the key to this kind of payment is that it must be entirely voluntary; you have no legal obligation to pay a discharged debt, and the creditors can take no action to pressure or persuade you into making the payments.

Return to FAQs